1. What are your normal business hours?
M Oriental Bank is open Monday thru Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM and Saturday, 9 AM to 1 PM. Though our Nakumatt Mega & TRM branch is open on Sunday from 10AM to 4PM.M Oriental Bank is open Monday thru Friday, 9 AM to 4 PM and Saturday, 9 AM to 1 PM. Though our Nakumatt Mega & TRM branch is open on Sunday from 10AM to 4PM.
2. How many branches do you have and where are they located?
M Oriental Bank currently has seven branches Click here for the contact information for branches.
3. How do I open an account?
There are several convenient ways to open an account:
4. Does M Oriental Bank require a minimum deposit to open an account?
Yes, but its very minimal compared to the others. Please refer to our Product Listing.
5. Is there a fee to open my account?
No. There are no fees associated with opening an account.
6. How does M Oriental Bank calculate interest on my account?
Interest M Oriental Bank accounts is calculated using the simple interest calculation and credited monthly.
7. Once funds are deposited into my Account, how do I access my funds?
You can access your funds by utilizing the cheque books that are provided with the account or you can come into our Branch to make a withdrawal. Also, you will be provided an ATM card on request that can be utilized for cash withdrawals at all ATMs country wide. You can also use Mpesa services.
8. Is there a fee for making deposits to my account?
No. There are no fees associated with making deposits.
9. Can deposits be made at any time?
Yes. You can make deposits in our branch during operating hours, indicated above.
10. Does M Oriental Bank offer online banking?
Yes, for more information click here.
11. Who do I call if I have questions regarding opening an M Oriental Bank Account or have questions about any of my Accounts?
You can contact our Customer Service Desk from Monday through Saturday from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Contacts mentioned above.
12. How can I receive account statements?
Depending on the product you choose, statements may be mailed on to you or emailed to your inbox. However, there are 3 ways you can review your balance and activity: through one of our friendly customer care representatives, by using our SMS banking or by using our online banking portal both of which are available 24 hours a day.
13. How do I report a lost or stolen ATM Debit Card?
Please call or visit your local branch immediately.
14. How do I apply for a personal or business loan?
Call or visit your nearest branch and ask for one of our Credit officers or the Credit Manager. They will be happy to assist you.
15. What do I do if a debit on my account is not mine?
If there is a debit to your account that is fraudulent or unauthorized, notify the bank immediately.
16. How can I change my PIN number for my ATM/Debit Card?
On request you shall receive your sealed pin and your ATM/Debit card. You may take your ATM/Debit card to any M Oriental Bank ATM locations and change your pin once the card is in the ATM machine where the Pin change option is available as it only takes a few minutes.
17. How do I place a stop payment on my cheque?
You can speak to our Customer Care by telephone (certain restrictions apply), or visit your local branch for immediate response.
18. Can I make a transfer between my personal accounts over the phone/Online?
Yes you can, simply call us and we can transfer the funds for you, though authorization and signing of documents will have to be completed once at the branch. Log in to the online web portal with your credentials and transfer funds from your account to any other M Oriental Bank Limited account.
19. How do I change my account details?
Change of account details must have a signatory of the account requesting in writing the change. This may be done by mailing a letter of request or visiting the branch to have them send you the appropriate form.
20. Can I receive my checks back in my statement?
M Oriental Bank does not offer the ability to receive your checks back with your statements. However, you will be able to receive an image of every check (front and back) that clears your account at the time the statement is produced on request.
21. Where can I find information about Career opportunities at M Oriental Bank?
Click here to see the Careers section.
22. How can I obtain copies of M Oriental Bank financial information and annual reports?
Visit any of the branches or click here to view the financials
23. Who are the directors of M Oriental Bank?
Click here for viewing the Directors of M Oriental Bank.
24. What is the ATM Withdrawal limit at M Oriental Bank ATMs?
Set limit is KES 20,000/-, though you can apply for your limit to be increased.
25. What is Credit Information Sharing (CIS)? How does it affect me?
CIS is a process that has been initiated by the banking industry, helping Kenyans manage their credit and for banks to have access to comprehensive information about prospective borrowers. The CIS was implemented on the 31st July 2010.